WebDB & PL/SQL

From: Moosie <mooseneck_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/01

Hello!

[Quoted] I'm a newbie to WebDB and PL/SQL after using MSSQL for a few years. I've [Quoted] been asked to create a series of reports using WebDB connected to a database Oracle 8i. I don't have access to SQL-Plus or the Enterprise [Quoted] Mgr. on the Oracle Server. All I have to write reports is the WebDb. [Quoted] I'd like to write them using my own sql, but am having a problem with it.

[Quoted] I want to create a report showing a count of two types of payments per [Quoted] quarter with information that's stored in one table, like--

                     Check       CreditCard
            1st Qtr.  10            35
            2nd Qtr.  12            29

I've been able to create the first column, but can't do the second one.

[Quoted] My sample script is:

select dwprod_pymnt, count(dwprod_pymnt) AS Check from dwprod
where dwcase_stat = 'Check'
group by dwprod_pymnt

I understand PL/SQL does not allow subqueries in the select statement (otherwise, I'd be done). Is a cursor or record the way to go here? I [Quoted] have a feeling I'm overcomplicating matters, but I can't think of another way to accomplish this.

Thanks!
Moosie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message