Re: Advanced Replication with Oracle 8i

From: Job <Job_at_pestilence.net>
Date: 2000/05/30

Road Warrior wrote:

> I have a problem installing advanced replication with the replication
> manager (in enterprise manager for windows NT).

You do need to run - successfully - catrep.sql on both sites.
Check also catalog.sql.
You can select invalid objects to see if everything has compiled properly - usually you'll get some errs first time, you may need to explicitely drop objects that didn't compile previously. I use a third-party GUI called PL/SQL Developer which automatically displays invalid objects - allows you to select and compile them, and gives a command window for executing. Plus you can run scripts, browse db, build objects, etc.

Connect as sys to do all this.
And then as your repadmin user to manage the actual replication.
What rollback segment are you using as default? I don't remember needing anything huge. Have you set-aside enough space for rollbacks and is all that space made available?