Form Builder PL/SQL editor error messages

From: Peter Mount <pmount_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: 2000/05/28

Hello

[Quoted] I'm following an example (a procedure under the Program Units node) straight [Quoted] from a text book. When I first typed it in, word for word (except for when [Quoted] it said to my own name in), it had a lot more error messages. I get the [Quoted] feeling the text book I'm using is wrong on this example. Everybody else is [Quoted] having trouble with it and I only just today managed to reduce the number of error messages.

[Quoted] When I'm in the PL/SQL editor trying to add data into extra text items on a [Quoted] tabbed form canvas (from the Type and Vehicle tables) I get the following errors:

[Quoted] "Error 201 at line 14, column 10

    Identifier 'type' must be declared

Error 0 at line 11, column 4

    SQL statement ignored"

The code is:

/* Procedure Name:  Get_Vehicle_Details
           Author:  Peter Mount
             Date:  26/5/2000
          Purpose:  Retrieve the Vehicle details into the
                    Vehicle_Rental Form

*/

PROCEDURE Get_Vehicle_Details IS
BEGIN    SELECT Make,Model, Color, Transmission, Location    INTO Rental.Make, Rental.Model, Rental.Color,

        Rental.Transmission, Rental.Location    FROM Type, Vehicle
   WHERE Rental.Rego_No = Vehicle.Rego_No    AND Vehicle.Vehicle_Type = Type.Vehicle_Type;

EXCEPTION

     /* If an invalid Rego No is entered and
     the vehicle details are not found give the user
     a message and reset the form */

    WHEN
    NO_DATA_FOUND
  THEN
    MESSAGE ('No Vehicle Details Found');     RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
END; Thanks in advance for your help

Peter Mount
pmount_at_optusnet.com.au Received on Sun May 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message