Re: URGENT: Connecting Personal Oracle 7 from Form Builder (Developer 6)

From: Markus Schwabe <mschwabe_at_gscout.de>
Date: 2000/05/22

Hi Valerio,

  1. Which Windows-OS? 1a)Do you have enough resources on your PC? 128 MB RAM MINIMUM !!!
  2. Do you want to connect over the net or locally?
  3. Did you get any Error-Messages? Which ones?
  4. Is PO7 started and running (green symbol in task-line)?
  5. Try to connect with as sample-user : User: scott Password: tiger or dba-user (do NOTHING under this one, only try the connect): User: system Password: manager. Write nothing (or try "2:" (don't forget the colon)) to "connect-string" if you connect locally
  6. did you have the right entries in tnsnames.ora located under /orant/net8/admin and/or /orant/network/admin?

   Beq-local.world =

     (DESCRIPTION =
       (ADDRESS_LIST =
           (ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = BEQ)
(PROGRAM = oracle80)
(ARGV0 = oracle80ORCL)
(ARGS = '(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')
) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL) ) )

   Your entries might differ from mine. Look at the documentation.    I think both tnsnames.ora have to be the same entries.

7) Has the user CREATE SESSION privilege? Otherwise the user exist,

   but nevertheless you can't connect.

HTH Markus

Please: all things that have to do with Developer/Designer-Questions should be posted to comp.databases.oracle.tools only.

Valerio Pincini <pincini_at_synesis.it> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 5e5W4.24064$EY1.269983_at_news.infostrada.it...