Re: Developer 2000 Forms Softcode vs Hard Code

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/05/13

>Developer 2000 Forms Softcode vs Hard Code
>How do you softcode the name of the menu file that you are using in the
>form property “Menu Module”
>Example instead of putting “d\…filename”, I just want to use file
name…

yuo can't... however, you can use the biltin 'REPLACE_MENU' to load another one...

>Also in my MMB file I want to soft code the Call form calls with just
>the file names..

In the menu, you have "OPEN_FORM" or something to open the forms. The name of the form to open can be a variable. (you can use the SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY to change the label if you want).

One last note - you can not add items to the menu at runtime, but you can change if they displayed and the label. programically, the menu PL/SQL can determine what it does when invoked.

Hope this helps
Dan Hekimian-williams Received on Sat May 13 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message