webdb listener

From: Raymond van Daelen <daelen_at_wxs.nl>
Date: 2000/05/10

Hi there

I while ago i posted a message concerning the stratup of the webdb listener and IO got an answer from Sybrand Bakker, and it was indeed I couldthen solve the problem. However,there remained somepuzzling thingsd for me, and even though I can use webdb now I wouldlike to now what is going on,so here my experiences.
I originally confogured the web db listener, during webdb installation, using as port number the same port as used for the regular
oracle listener. This is not allowed. After submittying to the newsgroup I installed webdb again using now as port address 2000 (anything high so I din't have to bother about root privileges). The strange thing, which I still have not figured out yet, is that using "wdbstart hostname
2000 &" does not work, whereas "wdbstart hostname 8080 &" does work !!!!??, the
listener starts up. Trying to connect from the browser (on a windows98 client) I have to use portnumber 2000 (and not 8080!) otherwise nothing is found. So what is happening?

regards Raymond Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message