Re: Oracle Reports Conditional Page Breaks

From: Clint Redwood <clint_redwood_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/09

In article <8eq17b$ppf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Simon Greenwood <sgreenwo_at_guidant.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to conditional set page breaks within Oracle
> reports. The condition would be on a field value.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

As far as I know it is not possible as such. I have got around it by including an item, say an invisible line, and setting page break after or before appropriately. You can then set a format trigger on this item which will determine if it is displayed. If it is not displayed it's page break status is ignored.

The only problem you will have is that you must make sure that the item is correctly anchored, or various peculiar things may happen. I got it to work about 5th time lucky!

Yours,

Clint.

--
Clint Redwood.

Note: Any oppinions expressed are my own and may not reflect the views
of my employer.
No warranty can be given to the correctness of any information given.