Sql help

From: Gary Knopp <gknopp_at_ascend.com>
Date: 2000/04/27

Hello,

[Quoted]     I have an application that connects to an oracle database through a single
user account. When the application issues an 'update' or 'insert' it sends [Quoted] the username as part of the sql syntax...

                 Update myTable
                        set f1 = 'blah'
                              f2 = 'blahblah'
                              user = 'Smith'

Triggers are used to store the old record value and username in a history table.

The problem is if I have a 'delete' statement there is no way to send the username along with the sql syntax to identify who is deleting the record. [Quoted] The delete trigger can write the record to the history table, but with no user identified. Although I could issue a separate sql statement to insert [Quoted] the old record into the history table for Deletes. I would rather the database
trigger handle that.

Is there anyway I can create a procedure to set a variable that the delete trigger can use to fill in the username???

                        procedure delRecord(sql,username);