Re: Calling a UNIX system call from Forms 5.0

From: Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au>
Date: 2000/04/19

use External procedure call, from oracle DB, ORacle 8.1.6 has its own pakage for external procedure call.
but if you are using 8.X then External procedure call is the way. if your DB is less than 8 then I am not sure.

create a C function which executes system (input command output number) make an object filr cc -c Myfunction.c -o Myfunction.o make a shared object ld -G Myfunction.o -o Myfunction.so

in oracle create a library pointing to the Myfuntion.so

    create library Mylib as 'full path to Myfunction.so' create an oracle wrapper function
Some thing like this
Function SYSRUN
  ( syscomm IN varchar2)
  RETURN binary_integer AS external
    LANGUAGE C
    NAME "sysrun"
    LIBRARY shell_lib;

then by using a PLSQL procedure execute this function. Tom

Tom