Record locking in Oracle Forms 4.5

From: <pol15_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:51:03 GMT

[Quoted] Hi all,

I have encountered a problem in Oracle Forms 4.5 with regard to record locking.

[Quoted] If I update a record using a Form developed in Forms 4.5, and I move on [Quoted] to another record without choosing the "Save" option (ie. post a commit to the database), then a
default Oracle dialog appears saying ...

[Quoted] "Do you wish to save the changes you have made?"

If I answer "No" to this dialog box, then the record that was changed [Quoted] is not released for other users to update. It is still locked, as if a
[Quoted] [Quoted] "rollback" has not beed executed. The reason I know the record remains
[Quoted] locked is that, when I use the same Form in another session, a "Could [Quoted] not reserve record" dialog appears.

The only way to release the record is to hit the "Save" button (ie. post a commit to the database) or for the user to quit the Form.

Is this a bug?

Surely the record should be released if the answer is "No" to the above dialog box.

[Quoted] Does anyone know a way round this problem.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pol

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 18:51:03 CEST

Original text of this message