developer 2000 exiting a block mind boggling

From: <ssharma24_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 00:24:36 GMT

hi guys..
I had a problem that I wanted to put a message asking "do you want to save your changes" in an exit button on a block (not a modal block). I put same code on three different blocks, it works perfectly on one. on the other two, it does this: suppose I make a change to the block, and hit exit. It will let me exit (although the block status has changed). Then when I click again on the button that takes me to our block, forms regular message appears (Do You Want to save....). Then if I cancel out then it will take me to the block, and the block still has the change that I had made before the previous exit. Now if I hit exit, it will give me my personnal alert.. why is that?
Some body suggested to put this code into post_block, but post-block does not take commit. Here is the code:
button 1: Yes
button 2: No
button 3: Cancel

DECLARE
  blcstat VARCHAR2(20):= :SYSTEM.BLOCK_STATUS;   rcdstatus varchar(20) := :system.record_status;   i NUMBER;
BEGIN
if (blcstat = 'CHANGED') or (blcstat = 'new') or (rcdstatus = 'new')  or (rcdstatus = 'CHANGED') then

    i := Show_Alert( 'MY_SAVE' );
    if i = ALERT_BUTTON1 then

      commit_form;
      go_block('project');
    elsif i = alert_button2 then
     clear_block(NO_VALIDATE);
      go_block('project');
    elsif i = alert_button3 then
      go_block ('something')

    end if;
  else

      go_block('project');
  end if;
END; Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 07 2000 - 02:24:36 CEST

Original text of this message