Migrating WebdB to OAS problem/question

From: Joel Racicot <joel.racicot_at_canadapost.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:07:47 GMT

[Quoted] I hope some of you have ideas that can help me through this one.

I have to migrate a webdb site to OAS, which on the face of it is not a huge problem, since the site was built with the PL/SQL toolkit and webdb was used primarily as a listener. No components of the site were built using the webdb wizards.

However, the images used on specific pages were stored in webdb's document table in BLOBs. Now, I need to get at these images without doing too much recoding. The current means of getting the images is to point to the document table path (../admin/docs/aa.gif). This then calls various procedures to extract the image from the table and render it to the web as if it had been in an image directory. The most obvious thing to do is create image directoryies and save the images in there. Unfortunately, managing this type of directory structure is not feasible, since we are going to have several hundred users creating pages (or sub sites) and potentially, we could have several thousand images. That why the table is the ideal vehicle for this type of thing. The only question is can I easily point the OAS listener to a table? If so, how? If not, any suggestions on how you would implement this type of set-up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance for your help.

Joel Received on Thu Apr 06 2000 - 17:07:47 CEST

Original text of this message