Re: Oracle platform ports

From: Denny Dutcavich <dut_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 22:41:19 -0400

Oracle has changed there structure a bit. They now have what they call software factory to take advantage of commonalities in the porting process. While you hear some Oracle field still talk about the tiers, this is so relevant from the Redwood Shores people. They have the big seven - HP/Sun/AIX/NT/SCO and I don't remember the other two maybe NCR and UNISYS? The other platforms are considered committed without a date. IBM mainframes fall in this category. The S/390 will now announce very close to UNIX dates. You can find out what is shipping by going to http://platforms.oracle.com