Discoverer 3.1 30+ minutes to add each table to a Business Group

From: Mike Loftus <loftusm_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:24:35 -0800

We are running Oracle Financials 10.7 and Oracle 7.3.3.6.0 and have recently installed Discoverer 3.1. It takes 30 to 45 minutes to add each table to a Business Group. At 3000+ tables, it will take months of non-stop effort to build the required groups. How do I speed-up the process of building the groups? How can I diagnose the problem without access to the source/sql code? If we can not speed it up, we will probably drop the product in favor of something else.

Michael Loftus Received on Thu Mar 30 2000 - 01:24:35 CEST

Original text of this message