Oracle Reports on AIX

From: Lizzie <GreenRaven_at_worldnet.spamless.att.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:13:56 GMT

Hi, all. I have a question about the Oracle Reports Runtime on AIX that I was hoping you guy could help me with.

We have a vendor that is writing a financial package for us, using the Oracle Developer tools exclusively.
They are using Oracle Reports to create all the reports that this system will produce, including all of the nightly batch reports, most importantly customer statements.

The issue is that they are developing this on NT, and our back end server platform is AIX (and due to the volume of data/users we have we cannot use NT).

Can we use the Oracle Reports Runtime for AIX to run reports on the back end even though they were developed on NT? What format does the reports come out in (Postscript? PCL? etc) ? Due to volumes we can NOT run these statements off a client PC. They also have to be sent to Fax, Report Archiving, and Email systems after they are generated. Has anyone done this before? What issues did you face trying to use this?

I'd appreciate any help/insight/warnings that anyone can give me.

Thanks in advance,
Liz   Received on Sat Mar 25 2000 - 21:13:56 CET

Original text of this message