Re: debugging multiple forms

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2000 02:00:48 GMT

>I may be missing something simple, but here goes. I'm developing a
>multi-form application using Developer 6.0. I'm passing data from one
>form to another using global variables. I'm having some problems in the
>interfaces and I'd like to trace the global values and their usage
>across the forms. I can run the root form in debug mode and trace its
>exection until it calls another form. The called form is a black hole.
>Is there a way to trace through the code in the called program using the
>debugger? I tried the debug package, i.e., Debug.Suspend. This
>suspends execution of the called form and I can see it in the Navigator.
>But, I can't see any of the trigger source code.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>--
>Jim Wolfe
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

[Quoted] It is much more efficient to use a parameter list [create it in the calling [Quoted] form, populate it, then call the opne_form. The called form has parameters [Quoted] defined to recieve the].

You can also see these parameters in the called form in debug mode.

HTH
Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri Mar 24 2000 - 03:00:48 CET

Original text of this message