WebDB on NT install problem

From: Dipak Patel <dpatel_at_uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:05:47 -0500

Hi,

    I have Oracle8i running on Windows NT platform and when I try to install WebDB 2.1, after I have created and configured new TNS entry, I get the following error:
You either entered

-An incorrect SYS user passwork for the database, or
-An incorrect TNS names alias, or
-A non-existent TNS names alias, or
-A TNS names alias for a database that is not currently running,
Click OK to return to previous screen

Can any one help me with this problem? I have changed my sys password from "change_on_install" to a new password and I am able to loginto database using that password. Following is the information I supplied during installation.

Password: *******
TNS Names Alias: ORACLE
Host NAme: websvr.uakron.edu
WebDB Listner Port# 80

Since I am running Oracle8i on the same computer as where I am trying to install webDB, the host name is same for both. TNS name ORACLE is the name that already existed in d:\orant\network\admin\tnsnames.ora . By the way, I am trying to install webDB in a different home then the one for O8i.
I will appreciate if anyone can help me out. I am not sure what else i need to do to get webDB to install correctly. Also let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Dipak
dpatel_at_uakron.edu

--------------0F287113CE45C4BF0C5A3D25

[Quoted] <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">

Hi,
when I try to install WebDB 2.1, after I have created and configured new TNS entry, I get the following error:
from "change_on_install" to a new password and I am able to loginto database using that password.&nbsp; Following is the information I supplied during installation.
to install webDB, the host name is same for both.&nbsp; TNS name ORACLE is the name that already existed in d:\orant\network\admin\tnsnames.ora .
one for O8i.
else i need to do to get webDB to install correctly.&nbsp; Also let me know if you need more info.

--------------0F287113CE45C4BF0C5A3D25-- Received on Wed Mar 22 2000 - 23:05:47 CET

Original text of this message