PRO C on UNIX using CORBA question

From: Don Chambers <dchamber_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:05:14 GMT

I am taking over a project that uses an Oracle database and a Wndows frontend. The middle tier will be running on UNIX. I am pushing for using PRO C for the middle tier but have never used it before and have some questions.

The project is currently using a third part tool for the database access. This tool does not support embedded SQL or CORBA sequences.

I know nothing about CORBA will will need to use it. There are team members who know how to use CORBA but they have never used PRO C.

Will PRO C support CORBA? I will need to use CORBA sequences.

I have read that PRO C integrates very well with the Microsoft IDE. I would like to develop on UNIX. What is a good C++ IDE for UNIX (HP)? I would like and interactive debugger. The current plan is to use SoftBench but I've never seen this.

If I develop on NT using PRO C how hard wil a port to UNIX be?

Thanks,

	Don
	dchamber_at_mindspring.com