Failure to load dbsnmp80

From: David Wright <dwrighsr_at_alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:15:32 -0800

I am running an oracle application using a tcp/ip connection. The application works fine. However, when I attempt to load dbsnmp80, I get a message that 'tcp/ip not installed or not bound'. Obviously, it is loaded and installed on the server and the workstations since the application works. Is there a configuration setup or file which needs to be added to make dbsnmp80 work. When I install Oracle on my home network, dbsnmp80 works fine. However, the particular applicaton on my work server has not been installed on my home network and I am supposing that something necessary for dbsnmp80 has been deleted or corrupted during its installation.

I would appreciate any help in solving this problem

David Wright
Network Administrator
NW Health District
Ga State Dept. of Public Health