designer 2000, soft-lov checkbox

From: Olga Greep <olga_at_hi.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:11:20 +0100

Trying to understand all the designer 2000 tools, I got stuck on the use of the soft lov-checkbox which I find in the Data Diagrammer in the edit-table-dialog-box on the validation-page.

I have little info about the proper use of it. Can anyone help me please?

My reader tells me if I check this box validation will take place against the allowable values in a reference table.

What I did is the following:
On the same page where I found the checkbox, I defined a few allowable values, I then checked the box. I went to the update-Reference-code-tables via the menu in the Ron, filled in the table name in which I defined the values, tried to fill in the module name of a module (based on the table) in which I wanted it to work. But, I couldn’t fill in the module name (there was nothing in the pop-list). So desperately I ran the thing without having a module name filled in and to my surprise it started to create rows in the reference table.
I then inserted the table in the database, Generated the module and found an lov with my allowable values.

My questions are,
So far did I do something wrong?
Why is the lov still available if I uncheck the soft-lov checkbox and regenerate the module?
How can I select a module-name (and why should I) in the update-reference-code-table utility, since my list was empty?

If you know where I can find these answers online that would be of great help too.
Thanks

Olga Greep Received on Wed Mar 15 2000 - 14:11:20 CET

Original text of this message