Re: ORACLE WEB DB installation

From: Cameron Green <cameron.green_at_env.qld.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:39:30 +1000

This may be of some help if there was a previous installation of webdb on the machine.

I have just installed web db 2.2 on Solaris. I was also having a problem with the sys password. There is a file in teh orainst directory where it will be installed called password.sql, if you cat this file you will see that it it looks for a file in the same directory called pass.sys. This file should be there but is deleted upon a reinstall, it should only contain one line which is the sys password. You will need to recreate it each time you attempt the install.

On a deeper level I found this "patch" to very unsatisfactory as I just ran into further errors. On reflection I saw that this appeared to be a result of junk left from a previous install (which I had removed due to some errors). My solution after a number of hours of warring with the install, was to recursively delete everything in the install directory and the tmp directory into which I uncompressed the file.

After the deletion of everything in tmp I created a folder called webdb in it, uncompressed the file once again into the directory and began the orainst process again (I did not use the gui version).

The install then worked smoothly.

Hope this is of some help.

In article <hlky4.626$U3.21785_at_news.pacbell.net>,   "Anupam Bordia" <abordia99_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Friends,
>
> I am trying to install WEB DB 2.1 on SOLARIS.
>
> During installation, I am asked for oracle user SYS password and TNS
NAME
> alias. Upon submitting those values, I get an error "Eith password or
TNS

--
Cameron Green
Environmental Protection Agency