Re: OCP Sample Test Questions

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:18:04 GMT

It may be wrong according to the test that you used, however, according to several study guides, and a sample question contained in the sample tests you can download from Oracle's OWN website - they consider ALTER to end a transaction. For example - taken verbatim from the 'Oracle DBA Exam Cram Test 1 & Test 2', pp 137 (Chapter 5, end of chapter question #9)

You logged onto the database to update the inventory table. After your session began, you issued three UPDATE commands then you issued the ALTER TABLE command to add a column constraint. You were just about to issue a COMMIT command when the system crashed. Which changes were made to the inventory table?

  1. Only the UPDATE commands
  2. Only the ALTER TABLE command
  3. Both the UPDATE and the ALTER TABLE command
  4. None

The correct answer is c. This is almost a trick question because the question is checking whether or not you understand that an implicit commit is issued after each DDL command. Answer a is incorrect because we know that the UPDATE preceded the ALTER TABLE and the ALTER TABLE does an implicit commit, committing both sets of operations. Answer b is incorrect because we know that the UPDATE commands that preceded the ALTER TABLE command were covered by this implicit commit. Answer d is incorrect because we know a DDL command always does an implicit commit, thus both sets of operations are committed.

sonya

In article <38C7B3F1.8F42FB19_at_0800-einwahl.de>,   Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de wrote:
> Oh yeah, d is also wrong:
>
> create table test (n number);
>
> insert into test (n) values (5);
>
> alter session set nls_date_format = 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS';
>
> rollback;
>
> select * from test;
>
> will not retrieve any row.
>
> Martin
>
> Martin Haltmayer wrote:
> >
> > Another one of the bullshit repertoire:
> >
> > Which of the following statements ends a transaction?
> >
> > a. COMMIT
> >
> > b. ROLLBACK
> >
> > c. DROP
> >
> > d. ALTER
> >
> > e. DELETE
> >
> > The suggested answer is b|c|d, a was missing.
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > John Claxton wrote:
> > >
> > > We're just getting started with sample questions for the Oracle
Certified
> > > Professional (OCP) tests.
> > > You can test your skill and knowledge at
> > >
> > > http://www.networkessentials.com/certified/ocp
> > >
> > > where the questions are presented in random order with pop-up
answers and
> > > cumulative scoring.
> > > You can enter comments/questions about each individual question.
> > > There's even a form for you to add questions of your own.
> > >
> > > jc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 16:18:04 CET

Original text of this message