Problems with spaces in file system paths when using sqlplus

From: Daniel Pietraru <dpietrar_at_newbridge.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:25:26 -0500

Hi everyone,

I need an answer to a very urgent problem with sqlplus. I try to launch (from a Java class) sqlplus or plus80, or plus80w, on Win NT, with the following command line:

sqlplus -s user/password _at_path\sqlfile1

The problem comes when the "path" includes spaces (for example c:\program files\myapp\sql\).
In this case sqlplus tries to load the file c:\program.sql !!! I discovered that if I use single quotes the problem is solved for the command line:

sqlplus -s user/password _at_'path\sqlfile1'

But, if the "sqlfile1" calls itself a new sql file like in

_at__at_sqlfile2

which is supposed to use the same path like sqlfile1 (the caller), again sqlplus tries to find the file c:\program.sql

Is there any solution to this problem? Is it possible to load in sqlplus a file from a directory which has spaces in its name?

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,
Daniel Pietraru Received on Mon Mar 06 2000 - 22:25:26 CET

Original text of this message