OLE2 package

From: Wilhelm Thieme <w.thieme_at_consunet.nl>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 21:06:11 +0100

Hi everyone,

We are using Forms 4.5, Oracle Server 7.3.4 in a Win NT environment and we use the Forms package OLE2 to start and control Word

PACKAGE BODY word IS

  wdWindowStateMaximize constant number := 1;   wdtrue constant varchar2(4) := 'True';   wrd ole2.obj_type;

procedure start_word is
begin
  if wrd is null then
    wrd := ole2.create_obj ('Word.Application');     ole2.set_property(wrd,'visible',wdtrue);   end if;
  word_venster_maximaal;
end;

procedure word_venster_maximaal is
 begin
  ole2.invoke (wrd, 'Activate');
  ole2.set_property(wrd,'Windowstate',wdWindowStateMaximize); end;

END; After starting Word Visual Basic commands are used to control Word. The Forms application only starts Word once, the next time Word is being started, the existing Word instance is used. See the code sample above.

However if the user himself starts Word (for example from the start button), then this Word instance should be used by the Forms application.

Any ideas how this can be done?

Thanks

Wilhelm Received on Sun Mar 05 2000 - 21:06:11 CET

Original text of this message