Re: WebDB vs. ColdFusion

From: James Cummings <jc1635_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 23:13:46 GMT

Here's my take coming from a Cold Fusion background with little WebDB experience.

If you need to do user input/output then Cold Fusion is probably more versatile.  Particularly when it get more complex.  I didn't read that in your post.

If your goal is data presentation with some drill-down, WebDB may work well for you.

<mufan_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:88uib5$8s6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hello
>
> This is a naive question so please bear with me.
>
> We would like to create a database preferably in Oracle and put that info
> up on our web server.  The data will be accessible to anybody in the
> world.
>
> Right now the solution that has been suggested to us is Oracle 8i and
> WebDB.  I was wondering what the difference (and relative strengths &
> weaknesses) is between this path and the following:
>
> Oracle 8i + ColdFusion + Apache WWW Server
>
> Thanks very much.  If you would prefer to mail me directly, please use

charles.alexander_at_vanderbilt.edu

http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy. Received on Sun Mar 05 2000 - 00:13:46 CET

Original text of this message