Re: win2k

From: Carlos Herrador <carlosh_at_pankanaks.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

"Steve Haynes" <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:j9g7rCA2fys4Ew+T_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk...
> In article <Rihs4.835$OV.163029_at_typhoon.austin.rr.com>, Rose Guzik
> <rose_at_stwork.com> writes
> >Is oracle compatible with win2k.
> >I am running 8i with version 6 tools on a NT40 SP6a box.
> >I was wondering if there will be any problems upgrading to win2k ?
> >

> I asked oracle this, they aren't releasing this info yet.
> (still doing conformance testing I believe).
> Steve

Yes it's. This a list of Oracle Products I have installed on Win2k without problem:

- Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition  v8.1.5
- Personal Oracle 8i
- Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Oracle JDeveloper 3
- Oracle Discover 3i
- Oracle Reports 6i beta
- Oracle WebDB 2.2
- Oracle Developer 6

I guess that other products should be compatible as well. Just for testing reason I was able to install Personal Oracle 8i, Oracle Enterprise Manager and JDeveloper into my laptop with Win2k... of course the performance wasn't great but I got a really nice Developing tool that i can carry everywhere... Carlos Received on Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message