problem creating dynamic pages in WebDB

From: Marion <dont_use13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/02/27

I've done a deja search, gone to Oracle support sites... no luck, so I apologize if someone else has had the same problem and I missed it.

 Using: WebDB 2.1 installed on NT4 SP5 against Oracle8i.

Problem: I'm trying to migrate existing webpages into WebDB. The metalink site suggests doing this by using the dynamic page wizard (from main page --> BUILD --> USER INTERFACE COMPONENTS --> DYNAMIC PAGES) by pasting HTML from the original page, then clicking on the flag to finish.

When I do this, then try to run the component from within WebDB, it executes the original 'example code' which results in a webpage showing the EMP table from the SCOTT schema.

I've granted execute privilege to PUBLIC and sitename_PUBLIC as well, but get the same result.

I appreciate any ideas, either on how to solve the problem with the dynamic pages wizard or perhaps a better way to migrate existing web pages into WebDB...

Thanks in advance,
Marion

--
mboulden at hotmail dot com (posting address is a spam trap)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.