setting global properites with Oracle's JVM

From: steve perry <sperry3_at_satx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:00:46 GMT

I'm not sure if this is the right forum

I have a request from our developers to set some global parameters for the Oracle JVM.
For example, on our web servers they start the java runtime like jre -D joeblow=true (or something like that).

They've requested the same thing for the Oracle JVM. We're running Oracle 8.1.5 on Sun 2.6
I am not a java programmer and know very little about it (starting to learn though :) )

When we create java sored procedures and then execute them, I assume that oracle starts a jvm for that session (I don't see a "jre" using ps -ef in unix though). The developers want to have some global properties they can set. I assume they want to access them using system.getproperties(joeblow).

I called Oracle and they don't have any idea what I'm talking about.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
steve Received on Sun Feb 27 2000 - 01:00:46 CET

Original text of this message