Re: OEM problem : kindly help !

From: Alain Viret <Alain.Viret_at_hospvd.ch>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:26:32 +0100

Parvinder Singh wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I just installed OEM 2.0. Prior to that i have installed ORACLE
> 8.1.5 and it is running perfectly ..

Did you installed OEM on the same ORACLE_HOME ?

> After installing OEM when i tried to log in to the instance manager or
> any of the utilities for that matter (schema manager, storage
> manager,etc) i am not able to log in since its giving me the following
> error
> ORA - 12514 : Message 12514 not found;
> product= RDBMS80; facitlity=ORA

$ oerr ora 12514
12514, 00000, "TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor"
// *Cause: The SERVICE_NAME in the CONNECT_DATA was not found in the listener's tables.
// *Action: Check to make sure that the SERVICE_NAME specified is correct.
// *Comment: This error will be returned if the database instance has not
// registered with the listener; the instance may need to be started.

Do you have a TNS_ADMIN variable which points to the ORACLE_HOME (8i previously installed) ?

Greetings,

        Alain Received on Sat Feb 26 2000 - 00:26:32 CET

Original text of this message