Enterprise users / Enterprise Login Assistant?

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <joseph.kazimierczyk_at_bms.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:53:27 -0500

I've been reading various oracle papers on 'enterprise users', the new 8.1.6 feature where users are defined in an LDAP directory (Oracle Internet Directory only?) instead of traditional database users. It all sounds very interesting, but I'm a little confused on how the client initiates a connection as an enterprise user. The papers mention using Oracle Wallet Manager to create and manage the client's credentials, and Oracle Enterprise Login Assistant which "enables a user to log on to applications automatically". Are these tools that a user needs to invoke somehow, or are these just some behind-the-scenes magic? Has anyone actually used this feature yet, or is it too new? I'd be interested in any comments at all. Received on Fri Feb 25 2000 - 15:53:27 CET

Original text of this message