OAS 4081: Not accepting Node Manager password

From: Verna Legaspi <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 19:55:28 -0800

Hello,

[Quoted] After much trouble, I *think* we've finally got OAS 4081 installed on our E4000, Solaris 2.6 machine. It's going to be run against an 8.1.5 database.

[Quoted] The (hopefully) last problem we're having is accessing any of the "admin" pages. These are on the default ports - 8888 8889. The URL(s) I'm trying are -

http://server:8888/
http://server.domain.com:8888/
http://server:8889/
http://server.domain.com:8889/

It seems like it's not the URL that's the problem as I'm receiving the dialog box that prompts for my password. It's when I put in the admin or www password that it tells me its incorrect: "This document is protected. You must send the proper authorization information to access it."

I've tried using the oaspasswd utility to reset all the passwords, re-started the listeners, but still no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Verna Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 04:55:28 CET

Original text of this message