OAS authentication problem

From: <maheshkn_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 01:16:18 GMT

[Quoted] I havce a PL/SQL based application that is an Intranet app that uses OAS 4.0.7 and utilises the Crypt authentication scheme.

What i have found is that whenever there is a new user that comes on board or if the server that hosts the password.web file , the authentication scheme just fails and need a reboot of the OAS listener.

I wanted to find a couple of things on this -

  1. Is there any other way of doing authentication on OAS?
  2. How reliable is Crypt authentication and ways to get around the reboot of the OAS listener?
  3. Is there any other Web server out there that supports the PL/SQL cartridges and stable?

Would greatly appreciate any or all responses and pointers and suggeestions on this.

Thanks in advance,
Mahesh N.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 02:16:18 CET

Original text of this message