Re: Tell me about your experience with WEBDB

From: JG <jan.grootveld_at_freeler.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:42:52 +0100

Hi,

I developed a webdb driven internetsite. WebDB is easy to install. It consumes quite a lot of systemtablespace. Some 50Mb is needed, due to the great deal of packages it consists of.

You can write your coding in PL/SQL. Javascript coding can be added, but apart from the field validations it does not really support a development environment for it. In my opinion, WebDB provides a very easy to handle and stable basis for developing webforms on an Oracle database.

It is easy to setup security. You have to grant each component explicitly to a database user or role. If not, it cannot be used on the web.

The reponse time of data enabled forms are surprisingly good. Most large forms are produced in less than half a second. A (IMO)very large form might take a second or so. All of a webdb form comes directly out of the database, no static parts included.

JG

Patrick Correya <pcorreya_at_bigpond.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 01bf7c51$806a2b60$7846868b_at_default...