How to create HTML from Oracle

From: Håkan Wahlberg <hakan.wahlberg_at_bol.boliden.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:05:24 +0100

[Quoted] Hi everyone,

I have been working with Oracle 8.1.5 now for a couple of weeks trying to develop some
databasedriven webapplications using PL/SQL and the web toolkits in WebDB (HTP, HTF packages etc).
No, I don't use the OAS 4.0.x, only WebDB. I want my applications to use HTML since I find it faster and more reliable than Java on the client side.
It works, but I find myself writing this PL/SQL-code with Emacs. Ok, I have full control over the code,
but are there no other ways to create web-pages from Oracle other than writing PL/SQL-code in this (manual) way?

I would like to get some ideas from you, more experienced people. How do you do it?
[Quoted] I know there are sites driven by Oracle and I don't think the people maintaining and developing
these sites do it manually with their favorite text editor, or ...?

(I hate to admit it but it seems that Microsoft have better tools for this?! I hope I'm wrong)

Thank in advance.
Håkan Wahlberg Received on Sat Feb 19 2000 - 19:05:24 CET

Original text of this message