web based querying and reporting tools?

From: Marcus Heine <marcus.heine_at_uk.sun.com>
Date: 2000/02/17

Hello,

[Quoted] I am looking for web based querying and reporting tools to Oracle 8i.

I need the capability to run ad-hoc queries as well as predefined reports. Also, the web interface should support the definition and saving of my queries in addition to looking at the resulting reports via the web browser.

Because we have not yet implemented Oracle 8i, I don't know how much of such functionality comes with . Could somebody clarify for me?

Also, I understand so far there is Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Reports for
something like this. However, only the Discoverer Viewer seems to be web enabled, so I am stuck with viewing, but cannot define adhoc queries via a web interface... :-(

Does anybody know of any 3rd party web based querying and reporting tools that I could use with Oracle 8i ? Any hints or pointers are much appreciated. What would be the best tool for what I want ?

Thanks in advance,

  --Marcus Received on Thu Feb 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message