Re: Tricky SQL Question

From: Doug O'Leary <dkoleary_at_mediaone.net>
Date: 2000/02/04

I see two ways of (mis)understanding your post. If you want to know the number of times the word bat shows up in your table:

select count(1) product
from <table>
where keyword = '&var';

then entering bat when prompted returns:

Enter value for biteme: bat
old 3: where keyword = '&biteme'
new 3: where keyword = 'bat'

  PRODUCT

        2

1 row selected.

The other way of understanding your post is allowing somebody to enter "bat metal" and have the report display something along those lines. That part's beyond my limited understanding of sql.

I'm probably confused and have just wasted a bit of bandwidth. Can you clarify what you're looking for?

Doug

--

Douglas K. O'Leary Senior System Admin dkoleary_at_mediaone.net