Re: Need Help on Oracle Report Server: schedule report as ToMail

From: <lderani_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 20:51:37 GMT

Jennifer,

  Some time ago I tried to do something similar (send the output of a report by mail), but using Forms calling Reports Runtime with an option (that I donīt remember now) of sending it by mail.  After getting the same message, and doing the usual (call Oracle support, hear that they donīt have a clue, etc), I decided to do some investigation by myself. After examining what reports uses from the registry, I found that it searches the path of your e-mail app on the following place:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft]

  Yet there wasnīt any app path there. So, I just tried to put all the paths of the apps in this place, and since I was testing with Messenger, Outlook (98) and the default Exchange that comes with Windows, it looked like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft]

"MlSet"="C:\\Arquiv~1\\Micros~1\\mlset32.exe"
"ou"="C:\\ARQUIVOS DE PROGRAMAS\\MICROSOFT OFFICE\\OFFICE\\OUTLOOK.EXE"
"ex"="C:\\ARQUIVOS DE PROGRAMAS\\MICROSOFT OFFICE\\OFFICE\\OUTLOOK.EXE"
"Outlook"="C:\\ARQUIVOS DE PROGRAMAS\\MICROSOFT
OFFICE\\OFFICE\\OUTLOOK.EXE"
"Netscape"="C:\\ARQUIVOS DE
PROGRAMAS\\NETSCAPE\\COMMUNICATOR\\PROGRAM\\NETSCAPE.EXE" "Exchange"="C:\\Arquiv~1\\Micros~1\\exchng32.exe"

(my Windows is brazilian), and, after that, it worked fine. Go figure...

Since you are trying to make it work with a mail server (not a client), Iīd like to know if you try this and it works, ok?

Regards,

   Luis Derani ( lderani_at_uol.com.br )    Universo Online - Brazil

 <qN3k4.355$mE2.2579_at_client>,
  "Jennifer Dong" <jdong_at_priceinteractive.com> wrote:

> I have a Oracle Report Server installed on my NT box. I have tried to
> schedule a report job as ToPrinter and ToReport (HTML) and both of
them
> works well. When I tried the 'ToMail', I always got following message:
>
> REP-4201: Error occurred while initializing the Mail
> subsystem.
>
> I wonder if oracle has its own mail client or it needs a mail client,
> something like outlook.
>
> I did check the document where it says the Report Server doesn't work
well
> with Exchange Server, which is the mail server used in my company. I
did
> follow the instruction there and start the Report Server in
foreground by

> rwmts60.exe -listen <tnsname>
>
> Also, is anyone using the Report Server in production? How do you
like it?

> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Jennifer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 04 2000 - 21:51:37 CET

Original text of this message