getting error in forms: 'bad bind variable..'

From: <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: 2000/01/31

I have a single block placed on a canvass and displayed through a window. The block is a mult-record block based on scott.emp.

I created a menu and assigned it to the form module. In the code attached to one of the menu item, I have something like this:

message(:emp.ename);

I get the bad bind variable error. It appears that the item I am referencing is not available.

The block name is emp
the item is ename.

therefore, :emp.ename is a valid item. Just not sure why it cannot be referenced from a menu,
even though the menu is a seperate module.

Also, from the menu module, I cannot call plq/sql code placed in program units in the form module. I am having to maintain identical 2 seperate program units : one for form module and one for menu module. module

any help will be appreciated. Received on Mon Jan 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message