cannot invoke servlet in OAS

From: <cgpwyr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:39:55 GMT

Hi, there,

I exactly followed the "Oracle Application Server Developer Guide: Jservlet Application -- Tutorial", downloaded the trial version of OAS 4.0.8.1 from Oracle Web site, tried to invoke a very simple Servlet named HelloServlet but failed. The error message is " the requested URL cannot be find".

Can anyone help me on this, how can I invoke the servlet in OAS?

Following is the procedure of my installation and implementation.

  1. download the zip file from Oracle home page
  2. install OAS from Oracle Installer
  3. choose "complete installation" option to install OAS
  4. setup the CLASSPATH ( detail setup attached at the last)
  5. setup the PATH ( detail setup attached at the last)
  6. startup OAS by click the green triangle
  7. create Application ( helloservlet) and Application Cartridge (hellocart) (exactly followed the "Tutorial" session of manual "Oracle Application Server Developer Guide: Jservlet Applications")
  8. reload the server
  9. Invoke servlet in Web Browser: http://perch:8888/jservlets/test/HelloServlet, but failed, the error message is " the requested URL is not found"

Following is the environment variables setup in my desktop (winNT4) 1) CLASSPATH=
%ORAWEB_HOME%\classes\jcoapi.jar;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\classes\ejbapi.jar;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\classes\ecoapi.jar;
%ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib\classes111.zip;
%ORACLE_HOME%\ots\classes\jtsjdbc.jar;
%ORACLE_HOME%\ots\classes\oraclejts.jar;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\classes\jcorba.jar;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\classes\services.jar;
%ORACLE_HOME%\orb\classes\yoj.jar;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\jdk\lib\classes.zip;
%ORACLE_HOME%\ows\cartx\jweb\classes\jweb.jar;
%ORACLE_HOME%\ows\cartx\jweb\classes\jservlet.jar;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\classes\cosnam.jar;
%ORACLE_HOME%\orb\classes\session.jar;
%ORACLE_HOME%\orb\classes\cache.jar;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\classes\oasdeploy.jar;

2) PATH=

D:\orant\ows\cartx\jweb\lib;
D:\orant\ots\bin;
D:\orant\orb\ADMIN\CGI;
D:\orant\orb\BIN;

%ORAWEB_HOME%\jdk\bin;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\bin;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\bin;
%ORAWEB_HOME%\cartx\jweb\lib;

3) ORACLE_HOME=
D:\orant

4) ORAWEB_HOME=
D:\orant\ows\4.0

Thanks,

Yvonne

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 20:39:55 CET

Original text of this message