Re: Is there a specific C i need to use to embed SQL ie MS?

From: Adriano Prado <prado_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:41:18 GMT

In article <86mui8$pqe$1_at_news.smartworld.net>,   "john doe" <someone_at_microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to explore the embedded sql commands in a c program, is
this a
> special version of C or will Microsoft VC++ 6.0 work? Is there any
special
> *.h files I need? Also can anyone recommend a good reference for this
> embedding in C as I learn the techniques?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mel

Hi Mel,

I know that Oracle has a C preprocessor called Pro*C. With it you can put SQL statements in the middle of C code, e.g.:

int val = 10;

EXEC SQL SELECT * FROM table_x WHERE y = :val; ...

then this preprocessor expand it into C code...

--
Adriano Prado

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.