VB6 frot-end to Oracle8i problems

From: <sboucher_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:06:29 GMT

I am using VB6 with the ADO data control to connect to an Oracle 8i database. I am just learning.

When using the form wizard to create a master-detail form using Department and Employee tables from the demo schema in Oracle, the Department_ID(Link between master and detail) returns as zero thus showing all Employees in one Department.

When I just add the Department or Employee data to a VB6 form separately, the data comes back fine.

Any thoughts on what is going on when these two tables try to link??

Thanks Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 10:06:29 CET

Original text of this message