Re: Trouble installing JDBC driver for Java 1.2 in Solaris

From: <shazam5_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:47:29 GMT

We are having the same problem. I wrote a simple Java program (not a servlet) so that the server wouldn't be involved. It compiles but I get the same error he does (see below) when I run it. I found an old post in the oracle site that suggested setting LD_DEBUG="libs" and this revealed that libclntsh.so.8.0 could not be found. I found it and added it to my CLASSPATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Then it couldn't find libwtc8.so. I cannot find this library (or anything spelled similarly) on the system. Unfortunately, I cannot find this library mentioned on the Web (google, deja, and oracle's site), either.

I am not familiar with Solaris and the sys admin is not either, and is out of the office this week. I have noticed that we have 8.1.5, while the JDBC Drivers are for 8.1.6 (the readme says, these are "Client-side JDBC for use on a machine where OCI 8.1.6 is installed.")

I am wondering if the version difference is what is wrong, or if there is anything else I'm missing, or if there is another debug tool of some sort. Like David, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Suzanne

In article <86i575$pqk$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ig88a_at_mindspring.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am having difficulty in installing the JDBC
8.1.6 drivers for
> Java 1.2/Solaris (in a Servlet environment.)
>
> What I've done so far is to copy everything
under $ORACLE_HOME
> into my personal directory (so I don't mangle
anyone else.) Here
> I put the classes12.zip and nls_charset12.zip
into $OH/java/lib
> and libocijdbc8.so into $OH/lib.
>
> When I run our test, we get:
> [Mon Jan 24 12:46:39 EST 2000]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
> ocijdbc8 in java.library.path
>
> (If I don't replace the libocijdbc8.so, I get
> [Mon Jan 24 13:18:21 EST 2000]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> make_c_state
> which makes me believe the $OH and lib path are
all set up right.)

> Am I missing something obvious here?
>
> Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 26 2000 - 00:47:29 CET

Original text of this message