Casting LONG RAW to BLOB in PL/SQL??

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:51:59 +0100

[Quoted] Hi everyone,

Does anyone perhaps have a procedure for transferring data in a long raw column to a blob column in an Oracle8 database? I'm developing an application on Oracle Application Server 4.0.8, where I want to use the new file uploading capabilities... However the webserver puts all the files in the OWS_CONTENT table, in a long raw field. I want to copy that data to my own tables, if possible in a blob field. This because with a blob field I can use my own procedures to stream data back to the clients. Has anyone had this problem before? Please help....

TIA, Bastiaan Schaap Received on Tue Jan 25 2000 - 15:51:59 CET

Original text of this message