Re: Oracle Discoverer

From: John A. Pearson <jpearson_at_dee.wellesley.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:06:36 -0500

Hello,

[Quoted]     Department level data-owner is what I'm planing for.

    ?: Are you creating summary tables and aggregating information for the end-users, or are you doing all the joins and relationships within Disco? I have found that a PL/SQL package built to aggregate the information prior to applying Disco to the data has increased performance greatly.

    Thoughts, ideas, prognostication?

    Thanks

john