Webdb - case sensitivity

From: <alpluck_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:48:09 GMT

Hi,

I'm sure this must have been answered before, but having looked extensively on dejanews, I can't solve it, although I am just starting with

Having installed webdb and 8i on an NT box to 'play with', I am trying to use a form to query a database.

What is the best way to automatically build a case insensitive query using the build report function on webdb. I can use the SQL option on the report, but where I want to query on more than one field, how do I ignore blank fields.

I read a message saying something about altering the render procedure to achieve the same effect all the time. I've just started learning pl/sql, but in the mean time, does anyone have any more pointers?

thanks for your time.

Al

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Jan 24 2000 - 14:48:09 CET

Original text of this message