Re: Database Triggers

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:54:29 -0500

A copy of this was sent to Seetharaman Shrinivasan <borntocode_at_hotmail.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 01:07:40 -0800, you wrote:

>I want to execute an Java app or VB app after any
>modification in a table or row of a table. How to do
>that? Pls. help me out in this regard. How to design the
>client app. to this server trigger?

java is straight forward in Oracle8i release 8.1 as triggers/stored procedures/etc can be written in java. Just put the java in the database and create the trigger.

VB would require you to code an external procedure (see the plsql manual) that invokes the vb app for you.

--
See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June 21'st