Forms 5.0 tab canvas error on j-initiator

From: Mike Dwyer <dwyermj_at_co.larimer.co.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:11:40 -0700

Does anyone have any information about confirmed bugs, fixes in later versions, or - better yet - workarounds for the following behavior in Forms 5.0.6.14?

The Setting:

I have a multi-block, multi-canvas form. Block A is displayed on the content canvas of the root window. There is a master-detail relationship from Block A to Block B, and Block B is displayed on a stacked canvas on the same window.

Block B is a master block to four detail blocks; C, D, E, and F. Each of these are displayed on their own tab pages of a single tab canvas, also on the root window. This tab canvas overlays the stacked canvas of Block B.

The Problem:

When navigating from tab to tab, I use clear_block(ask_commit) to force a save on the corresponding block. Then, query_master_details populates the "new" tab page block. This all works fine in client/server operation (run from Form Builder).

On the web (intranet), however, the last event that occurs after the When-Tab-Page-Changed trigger completes, is to re-display the "previous" tab page. Often there is also an error FRM-41016 on the most-recently changed item on that "old" tab page.

I did get around most occurrences of this by setting the topmost tab property of the canvas, and re-executing show_view before calling query_master_details. Sometimes, though, the correct tab page is displayed, and the first item in the corresponding block is the current item, but the input focus is "not all there;" pressing TAB moves focus to la-la-land such that all mouse-enabled objects function in the display layer, but there is no connection to the forms server. (Click the Exit menu icon; it depresses, but no exit occurs. Click in a text field, and the cursor begins to blink there, but no data can be keyed in.)

Any help, thoughts, ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! Received on Fri Jan 21 2000 - 20:11:40 CET

Original text of this message