Re: Oracle 8i Lite and Developer 6

From: (wrong string) ørn Floden <af_at_multinett.no>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 19:25:01 GMT

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000 20:43:08 GMT, driftwood_at_thebeach.fla.org (DriftWood) wrote:

>WHat is happening is that both products are installing a different
>version of the OCA (the bit that lets Oracle tools talk to an ODBC
>RDBMS such as OLite). You are probably going to have to try
>re-installing just SQL*Plus from the OLite install (do a custom
>install and select only the single product). You could try
>re-installing just the OCA component, but then developer may not be
>happy with that version of the OCA -- a catch 22.

I figured that one out by reading some of the documentation that came with O8iLite, and then reinstalled the OCA from the O8iLite distribution. And yes - the result was that Forms6 failed to connect while SQL*Plus connected just fine.

The solution is as follows: Find the OCA which is compatible with both programs, and install it. Oracle Support at their Metalink service, told me that any OCA newer than 6.0.5.29.0 will work.

So now you know (and I'm currently downloading a new OCA).

yUp Received on Thu Jan 20 2000 - 20:25:01 CET

Original text of this message