Re: Migrating from Access to Oracle

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:13:10 GMT

Eljon,

For a small access database, I would recommend that you create the appropriate tables in Oracle then use ODBC to connect to oracle from access. Once connected, create a simple macro consisting of a singe sql statement which selects into the oracle linked table.

If you required a detailed description of the steps, send me a reply directly and will attempt to assist as time constraints permit.

Brian

Eljon Greene <egreene_at_scsu.edu> wrote in message news:8656t5$25d$1_at_birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net...
> I am using Personal Editon 8i for Windows 95/98. After trying
unsucessfully
> to use the Data Migration Assistant that ships w/ this edition i "tripped"
> over a feature in 8i Navigator that allows u to import data (*.txt or
*.csv)
> into a table as long as the table structure had been defined correctly.
My