OCI - How do I retrieve result columns from a 'SELECT * FROM MYTABLE' statement

From: Sébastien Corbay <scorbay_at_netsize.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:38:09 +0100

I use OCI to get rows from a table on Oracle 8. I successfully, connect to the server, prepare the statement, execute this statement, but...

I don't know how to get the results.

The problem is that I cannot set local variables (with OCIDefineByPos) to retrieve value through an OCIFetch, because I do not know how many columns are returned and the type of these columns. I read the Oracle Call Interface Programmer’s Guide, but I did not find anyway how to get information about the results returned.

What am I supposed to do?

Thank in advance for your help! Received on Wed Jan 19 2000 - 19:38:09 CET

Original text of this message